Monday, December 3, 2018

Chickpea Cookie Dough

Last week, Ayla and Haley had a couple of friends over after school. I served our staple sliced apples and cashew butter and then added Chickpea Cookie Dough to the spread.  The girls politely asked what “that” was.  I didn’t want to say cookie dough as I knew their standards of cookie dough was probably different from ours.  So, I avoided the questions and pointed out the chocolate chips that were in it.  That persuaded everyone to at least try it and before I knew it, the cookie dough was gone! “So what was in that?” The girls asked, knowing full well that my cooking was a little bit different from the traditional cooking.  I hesitantly told them chickpeas, and the look on their face was priceless! They asked me to make sure their mom got this recipe, so that was a win in my book!  This healthy “dessert” took about 5 minutes to make, is filled with protein and fiber, and is delicious! 




Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough Recipe:
(From Joyful Healthy Eats)

Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ c peanut butter (I used almond butter.)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ½ tbsp. pure maple syrup
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/3 c dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand for its clean ingredients.)

Instructions:
11.    Drain and rinse chickpeas.
22.    Add chickpeas, nut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cinnamon to a food processor.  Blend until smooth.  Add the ground chia seed (I put my whole chia seeds in my coffee bean grinder).  Blend until combined. 
33.    Add chickpea cookie dough mixture in a bowl and fold in chocolate chips. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Ways to Reduce Our Food Waste to Help Mitigate Climate Change

Did you know food waste is a major contributor to climate change? An average American consumer wastes about one pound of food per day accor...