Sunday, December 2, 2018

Holiday Slaw

Sunday night dinner with the fam was a success!  The girls ate four out of the five foods served, so I call that a win! Finding a dinner that the whole family enjoys is not an easy task, but thankfully I will be adding another meal to our dinner rotation.  We had steamed broccoli, sweet potato toast, mini beef burgers, avocado, and Holiday Slaw.  My husband went back for a fifth serving of the slaw and I think I had two or three.  The garlic made it too “spicy” for the girls. 





Here is the recipe for the delicious slaw.  I will definitely be making it again since my first batch is almost gone.  This recipe is slightly modified from VFit Squad.

Dressing
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic finely diced
2 tsp caraway seeds (I left these out since I didn’t have any on hand)
¼ cup apple cider vinegar, raw and unfiltered
1 Tbsp raw honey
½ tsp turmeric
¼ cup mayonnaise (I like Primal Kitchen for its clean ingredient list)

Slaw
4 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 shredded carrot
1 apples, finely sliced
1 mango chopped
½ cup cashews ( or your favorite nut)


Instructions:
1. Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
3.  In a large bowl combine the cabbage, carrot, apple, mango,  and cashews.  
4.  Add the dressing and toss.  
5.  Chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before serving.  
Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Ways to Reduce Our Food Waste to Help Mitigate Climate Change

Did you know food waste is a major contributor to climate change? An average American consumer wastes about one pound of food per day accor...