Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Hard Surface Cleaner


I use this simple nontoxic hard surface cleaner on my counter tops, sinks, and bathrooms.  A gallon of vinegar costs $2.69 at Target.  I can refill my spray bottle 32 times for  about 8 cents plus the cost of 12 drops of essential oils.  Over the past few years I have been switching all my cleaning supplies and personal care products over to natural, non toxic products which is expensive!  I was so excited to find this simple, easy and inexpensive recipe to replace many of my costly cleaning supplies.  

Hard Surface Cleaner Recipe:

Ingredients
½ c water
½ c white vinegar
12 drops of 100 % pure essential oils

Pour all ingredients into a plastic or glass spray bottle and then shake to mix all the ingredients together.  I have my girls use the plastic bottles when they help me clean.  They each made their own special label too which they both enjoyed.  I use a glass one since I keep it on my counter and use it regularly.

I like to use a combination of two different oils. 
Some combos that I have tried are:
tea tree and lavender
lavender and orange
lavender and lemon






No comments:

Post a Comment

7 Ways to Reduce Our Food Waste to Help Mitigate Climate Change

Did you know food waste is a major contributor to climate change? An average American consumer wastes about one pound of food per day accor...