Monday, December 17, 2018

Dark Chocolate Chia Seed Pumpkin Protein Muffins


I make these muffins at least a couple times a month.  A double batch is a must because they go quick! They are great for a healthy snack or a grab and go breakfast.  These muffins are grain free, high in protein and full of antioxidants. They can also be made nut free (see bottom for specifics).



Ingredients:
2/3 c nut butter (I use almond butter)
1/3 c pumpkin puree (I use butternut squash or sweet potato because I always have those baked in my fridge)

2 eggs
3 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup 
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c dark chocolate chips (I like Enjoy life brand for its clean ingredients)

·       For nut free use sun butter and add a teaspoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and cut the baking soda to a ¼ tsp of baking soda. 

Instructions:
1. preheat oven to 375 F
2. grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or use the silicone reusable muffin cups (my personal favorite)
3. add all the ingredients in a food processor aside from chocolate chips and mix well
4. add chocolate chips and stir with a spoon
5. bake 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
* This recipe is from VFit Squad

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these! I've made a double batch almost every week since you've posted this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

7 Ways to Reduce Our Food Waste to Help Mitigate Climate Change

Did you know food waste is a major contributor to climate change? An average American consumer wastes about one pound of food per day accor...